Prepping your rental
- HOSTING HOSTING
- ➤ HOUSEKEEPING HOUSEKEEPING
- Published: 22 July 2017 22 July 2017
Never underestimate the impact of dirt that can, in just a few instances, hinder the good opinion that guests have of your rental. In this hunt for cleanliness, the kitchen is in line of sight and especially its electronics. After having taken care of the refrigerator and the microwave, it’s time to pay attention to the dishwasher. As the weeks go by, the device becomes less efficient and can start to give off a bad odour, so it needs to be cleaned. How to do it? Here are a few natural and ecological tips to help you maintain your dishwasher easily and effortlessly.
1. Once a month, pour 3 litres of pure white vinegar into the dishwasher tank. Run it on empty and select the warmest cycle. The vinegar will disinfect the device, as well as remove any calcium deposits at the same time.
2. Time to clean the joints, wash them with a non-abrasive sponge soaked in vinegar water. Rinse and dry off with a clean cloth.
3. Clean the wash arms once every three months. Once the dish rack is removed, disassemble the wash arms and rinse them with clean water. Using a toothbrush or toothpick, open the holes that may be clogged by accumulated food residue before putting the arms back into the machine.
4. Finish by servicing the filter at the bottom of the tank. Unscrew it and like the wash arms, run it in clear water. Dry it and reposition it, making sure it is secure.
In any case, do not clean the dishwasher with abrasive or chemical products. By following these simple gestures, your dishwasher will regain its former effectiveness and even gain in longevity.