Optimize your home
- PRACTICAL PRACTICAL
- ➤ SMART ORGANIZING SMART ORGANIZING
- Published: 23 May 2017 23 May 2017
"To live happily, let's live hidden", a saying that has added meaning in the city centres where balconies are exposed to the gaze of neighbours. So to protect yourself from the vis-à-vis and offer your travellers a quiet outdoor living space in your rental, know that there are amenities specifically for balconies that give them privacy without renouncing aesthetic.
- You can opt for vegetal separation using bamboo which has the advantage of growing quickly or with climbing plants (such as ivy and rose bushes) that you can attach to panels or hoops.
- Another way to isolate your balcony is with screens, opaque or perforated, installed over the railing: out of bamboo reeds or PVC, corrugated sheets or synthetic canvas.
- Think of blinds and canvases as a way to cut the view from the front, side or from above. There are numerous models to suit all outdoor styles.
- Sheers and curtains are an effective alternative that create a romantic atmosphere. Favour thin, lightweight textiles with light colours.
- A wooden fence is another good solution for delineating space: panels with attached planter or a palisade with reclining slats.
- Or keep it very simple by choosing a movable folding screen.
18 balconies that are protected from view
1.Merci-Ancsa Dekor / 2.Lushome / 3.Thai Garden Design / 4.Lushome / 5.Balcoon / 6.Tértündér / 7.Nuevo Estilo / 8.Garden Bytes / 9.Maria Killam / 10.Drop dead gorgeously daily / 11.Ikea / 12.Leroy Merlin / 13.La Maison des travaux / 14.Style Room / 15.Apartment Therapy / 16.Marie Laure / 17.Castorama / 18.Castorama / 19.Apartment Therapy / 20.The Style Files